Prepare Finances and Credit
Our confidential credit and budget counseling sessions are designed to help you manage your money, enhance your financial fitness and improve your access to credit-whether or not you are currently in the market for a home. We will help with:
- Assessing your credit with a soft pull tri-merge credit report
- Understanding credit reports
- Balancing income and debt
- Effective budgeting
- Creating financial goals
Ready to Buy?
SWMHP Homeownership Advisors offer free, non-biased confidential services to help you make smart choices during the home buying process. The Advisor will:
- Assist you in creating your individualized plan to become a homeowner
- Calculate what is affordable for you
- Create a household budget
- Provide a list of affordable mortgage products that can work for you
- Review loan and real estate disclosures
- Answer your home buying questions
- Walk you through closing
For more information on finding the right mortgage product for you, give us a call at 507-836- 1604 or email Mary Burlingame.
Unsure of what loan products are available to you? Meet one on one with a certified mortgage counselor to evaluate your buying power. We utilize our low-interest mortgages, gap financing, down payment assistance, purchase-rehab loans, and rent-to-own options to find the best products for each buyer. The Partnership maintains an affordable loan pool for households buying a home. Let us assess your buying potential. For more information on finding the right mortgage product for you, call toll free 888-468-8010 ext 1605 or email Ali Joens.
Calculators and Tools
Are you ready to buy a home? Take the NeighborWorks America Self-Test today!
Calculate housing costs, set-up a budget and learn how to pay off bills quickly.
Get Started Today
Click Here to get started with filling out our Personal Profile Intake Form. For more information on finding the right mortgage product for you, give us a call at 507-836- 1604 or email Mary Burlingame.
Not Ready to Purchase? Have Credit Issues?
We promote and support an approach to financial stability that combines financial education with Individualized coaching. Through the coaching process, our staff can help you pinpoint your financial goals and assist you with the steps that will put you on the path to achieving them. Participation in this program will empower you to overcome your barriers to homeownership. The coach will:
- Assess your current situation
- Work with you on your action plan and goal setting
- Give you the tools to be successful in following your plan
- Check in with you and keep you on track